The beginning of September was still feeling like summer. We were playing in the sprinkler and soaking up the sunshine. The end of September was chilly and rainy. It quickly turned to sweater weather and pumpkin spice everything and bringing out the extra blankets. As someone who loves summer but hates that I don’t have A/C… I am embracing Autumn right now with open arms. Bring on the plaid, pumpkins, lattes, and hot cocoa!
This post contains affiliate links. To read my full disclosure click here
My September Favorites are….
- Covergirl Tru Blend Blush in light rose has been my new go-to blush. It is the perfect mix of rose and peach tones with just a hint of shimmer. I think it would look great on most skin tones. (You also can’t beat the price!)
- I have been burning my Autumn Walk candle from Summit Lotion Candles all month long. I picked this one up while in Georgetown,CO the beginning of the month and have been LOVING it. These candles are unique because they are actually lotion candles! After the candle has been burning for a few minutes, you can blow out the flame and dip your fingers into the liquid to rub onto your hands. The wax is not going to burn you- it is just a few degrees warmer than body temperature. It is a perfect cuticle moisturizer too!
- I have been snacking on these Dole Dippers all month long. I like the dark chocolate covered strawberries. They are in the frozen aisle near the ice cream at Target. They come pre-portioned, which helps my nonexistent self-control. Who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries? It is my night time mommy treat after a long day, and they are only 60 calories per pouch. Not too shabby!
- If you read my post about my solo trip to Dallas, you would know I actually had time to read a book. [ Insert happy dance] I rented it from the library but it is such a beautiful book that I am definitely buying this one to add to my coffee table books. The book is an autobiography of Garance Dore. She was the first Parisian blogger to incorporate fashion and her beautiful illustrations on her blog. She is so easily relatable,too. She talks about relationships, family, friendships, common manners… I have a huge lady crush on Garance now. She really opened herself up and spilled her guts in this book. It made her feel so real, and that if she can accomplish her goals in life, maybe I can too! If you enjoy fashion, I highly recommend this one!!
- I finally got the Young Living Thieves Home Cleaning Kit! I have been using the Thieves spray every single day for almost two months and I still have a quarter of a bottle. The best part is that the cleaner is super concentrated so you only use a cap full per spray bottle! And of course, no chemicals!
The kit includes:
- Citrus Fresh™ Essential Oil Blend 5 ml
- Lemon Essential Oil 5 ml
- Pine Essential Oil 5 ml
- Purification® Essential Oil Blend 5 ml
- Thieves® Essential Oil Blend 5 ml
- Thieves® Household Cleaner 14.4 oz.
- Carrying Case
- Stainless Steel Bucket
- Amber Glass Spray Bottle 16 oz.
- Cleaning Cloth
- Cleaning Recipe Booklet
I have been using a few drops Purification and a few drops lemon on my wool dryer ball. My laundry has been smelling SO good. I also love how beautiful the amber spray bottle is. I can leave it out on my counter and it actually looks nice ! The cleaning cloth picks up tiny crumbs, is great for dusting, and to just wipe down the kitchen table. The carrying case is also really nice for when traveling! I keep it filled with some of my favorites so I can just throw it in my bag and go. The Thieves Home Cleaning Kit costs $104.93 or wholesale price is $79.75!
- A monthly favorites post just couldn’t go without a product from The Honest Beauty Company. I know, I have an obsession! Every single product I try is just amazing. All month long I have been using the Beyond Hydrated Moisture Milk Leave-in Conditioner. It really helps detangle my hair and it smells SO good. I just love how I can read most of the ingredients on the back of the bottle and actually know what they are. Things like coconut juice,marine algae, almond oil and white tea just to name a few.